Our research goals are exploring multi-functional nanostructured materials for variety of applications. Our group has an interest in two dimensional materials, nanocomposites, and powder metallurgy process. We look at the materials science and engineering aspects of these novel materials with fields of applications: structural/thermal component, membrane, energy and many others.
* Professor 이동주
- Ph.D student: 김민구
- MS student: 김영일, 홍석재, 김재훈, 이재성, 허우로
- BS-MS integrated students : 정민식, 황혜원
- Undergraduate students : 권민솔, 안윤희, 육서연
1. Fabrication and characterization of low-dimensional nanomaterials
- Inorganic nanowires
- Carbon-based nanomaterials: CNT, graphene
- Two-dimensional materials: BN and MoS2, MXene
2. Synthesis of nanostructured materials and multi-dimensional hybrid materials
- Fabrication of three-dimensional nanostructures
- Fabrication of 1D/2D, 2D/2D multi-dimensional hybrid materials
3. Composite for structural and functional applications
- Light weight/high strength composites
- Composites with high thermal/electrical conductivity
- Analysis strengthening mechanisms
4. Metallic and ceramic based composites by powder metallurgy process
- Synthesis of nanopowders
- Fabrication of MMC and CMC for extreme condition
(rocket nozzle, thermal protection system, advanced nuclear reactor)
- Jae Young Oh, Dongju Lee*, Soon Hyung Hong*, “Ice-templated Bimodal-porous Silver Nanowire/PDMS Nanocomposites for Stretchable Conductor”, ACS Appl. Mater., 2018, 10, 21666-21671
- Segi Byun, Joon Hui Kim, Sung Ho Song, Minku Lee, Jin-Ju Park, Gyoungja Lee, Soon Hyung Hong*, Dongju Lee*, “Ordered, scalable heterostructure comprising h-BN and graphene for high performance flexible supercapacitors”, Chem. Mater., 2016, 28, 7750-7756.
- Dongju Lee, Bin Lee, Kwang Hyun Park, Sung Ho Song, Sekowoo Jeon, Soon hyung Hong, “Scalable Exfoliation Process of highly Soluble Hexagonal Boron Nitride Nanosheets”, Nano Lett., 2015, 15(2), 1238-1244.
- Keun-Hwan Oh,‡ Dongju Lee,‡ Min-Ju Choo, Kwang Hyun Park, Seokwoo Jeon, Soon Hyung Hong, Jung-Ki Park, Jang Wook Choi, “Enhanced Durability of Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells by Functionalized 2D Boron Nitride Nanoflakes”, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2014, 6(10), 7751-7758. (‡) Authors contributed equally.
- Dongju Lee, Sung Ho Song, Jaewon Hwang, Sung Hwan Jin, Kwang Hyun Park, Bo Hyun Kim, Soon Hyung Hong, Seokwoo Jeon, “Enhanced Mechanical Properties of Epoxy Nanocomposites by Mixing Noncovalently Functionalized Boron Nitride Nanoflakes”, Small, 2013, 9(15), 2602-2610.